Sr. Test Engineer - PSCV-2nd Shift 3:30 PM to 12:00 AM
Country:United States of America
Location:PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
This position is 2nd shift: 3:30 PM to 12:00 AM
- Possess a sufficient depth and diversity of skills in validation programs, assembly and instrumentation techniques in jet engine development, industrial relations, and overall leadership skills to manage multiple engine builds under his/her span of control in a high paced environment.
- Ensure assembly operations readiness and flawless execution of test vehicle plan, builds, teardowns, and inspections. He/she will interface with CIPTs and Systems engineers to ensure assembly requirements are being met on time and within budget, interface with assembly support groups or DO group (Assembly Operation, Process Engineering, Tooling Services, Magic Shop, Clean Line, and Inspection), and lead assembly process improvement teams.
- Provide technical direction and daily task coordination, cross functional team leadership, troubleshooting, test stand direction, and execution of developmental and endurance testing.
- Provide innovative solutions to test requirements, often in a high-pressure environment while working with minimum supervision.
- Opportunity to join a talented and diverse multi-disciplinary organization while working with highly skilled hourly and salaried employees, as well as partners and customers.
- Support programs including F119, F135, APU, Advanced and Geared Turbofan.
- Occasional travel to test sites around the world.
- Frequent off-shift coverage and ability to flex schedule to cover weekends (approximately 25%) is required to support 24/7 test operations
- Self-motivation to plan required tasks and lead a team to achieve significant goals with little outside direction.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aeronautical Engineering
- 5+ years of prior relevant experience OR Advanced Degree in a related field and 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- US Person Status required due to government contract.
- 5+ years of experience with jet engine hardware, assembly, and/or testing.
- 4 + years of experience in leading validation engine projects and in providing guidance to others..
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to fluid customer requirements, priorities, and schedules.
- Proven ability in leading major validation projects, in leading process improvement projects, and in providing guidance to others.
- Proficient in the use of continuing improvement tools (ACE/CORE) to drive process improvements leading to increased customer satisfaction.
- Familiarity with PC based system.
- Team center experience.
- SAP experience.
- ACE Associate Certification and/or working towards certification.
- Able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Secret level security clearance.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms