Sr Electrical Engineer, Systems Engrg
Country:United States of America
Location:PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day.
Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Development Operations is looking for an Electrical Engineer to support their Test Systems Engineering (TSE) group. TSE is a dynamic engineering organization focused on the design, fabrication, and installation of Special Test Equipment (STE) in support of commercial and military ground testing of engines and components. TSE is often asked to provide consultation for test facility integration for sites around the world.
- Interface with multidisciplinary team to design and implement test facility electrical control and data systems in support of our development and production test programs
- Collaborate with our customers to further understand and define their requirements
- Propose and implement cost effective solutions from the initial concept through the final design, fabrication, checkout, and system turnover to the customer considering the following factors: feasibility, safety, environmental impact, and adherence to industry standards
- Identify improvements to Engineering Standard Work (ESW) during execution of assigned tasks
- Frequent interfacing with Engine Project Groups, Purchasing, and outside Pratt & Whitney’s vendors required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and/or Controls Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of prior electrical or engineering work experience or an Advanced Degree in Electrical and/or Controls Engineering and a minimum of 3 years of prior electrical or engineering work experience.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- U.S. Government Secret level security clearance or ability to obtain
- Knowledge and awareness of the following: Electrical relay logic design, motor control center design, and power and control wiring distribution
- Knowledge of pressures, temperatures, fluid process control and its relationship to the mechanical environment
- Experience using AutoCAD to design electrical elementary wiring diagrams
- Excellent organization, communication, and project management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Understand and apply various compliance codes such as the National Electric Code (NEC) NFPA 70, the National Electric Safety Code NFPA 70E, and OSHA 510
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing tool such as Six Sigma or CORE to drive continuous improvements in our processes and customer MFA
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms