Data Recording Technician
Country:United States of America
Location:PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt and Whitney is a worldwide leader in the development and production of gas turbine engines. Systems Engineering and Validation West Palm Beach Florida site operations is responsible for the validation of development military and commercial jet engines at its multiple test facilities. These engines are subsequently produced for use in a variety of government and commercial applications including the F35 Joint Strike Fighter, F22 Raptor, Bombardier C-Series, Airbus, Irkut, Embraer and Mitsubishi jet applications.
The Data Recording Operations group within the Systems Engineering and Validation Instrumentation cell performs a wide variety of technical tasks in support of engine instrumentation and test facility readiness for development and production testing. The organization supports structural, performance and advanced measurement data recording systems, sensor installations and calibration along with testing and field operations across multiple company and customer sites throughout the US and the world.
- Consultation with engineering and customer groups to establish requirements, mechanical and electrical installations, troubleshooting and calibration of devices in the test facility or lab, and operation of data acquisition systems during validation testing.
- High degree of interaction with both test engineering and operations groups requiring effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Emphasis is placed on dedication, innovation, resourcefulness and attention to detail.
- Experience in sensor wiring, terminations, egress, signal conditioning and data acquisition system operation and troubleshooting is required. Sensor types include but not limited to strain gages, accelerometers, pressure transducers, thermocouples, proximity and blade positioning optical measurement equipment.
- AA/AS degree in Electronics/Engineering or 2-year post high school in equivalent training with 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Significant overtime and up to 20% travel.
- Must work onsite, first shift hours (7:00 am – 3:30 pm).
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Knowledge of instrumentation types and sensor applications in the aerospace industry.
- Successful candidates will have a good balance between mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Strong background in MS Office is required and experience in other signal acquisition or processing software is a plus.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms