Assembly and Test Mechanic Labor Grade 6
Country:United States of America
Location:PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So - calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Military Engines is seeking a highly qualified, Jet Engine & Components Assembly and Test Mechanic for the F135 Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Shop. Typical duties will include but are not limited to the following.
- Work independently or with assigned personnel to layout, fabricate, assemble, and modify jet engine
- assembly or test articles, test stands, equipment, and support systems. Use a wide variety of power and mechanical tools to perform functional checks on engine assembly/components or test equipment/test components.
- Acquire tools and hardware as required to perform assembly and test procedures.
- Operate a wide variety of tools to assemble/disassemble a jet engine or operate support utilities to run the test article. Monitor instrumentation and perform engine service during test.
- Under the direction of supervision or delegate, use work instruction and procedures to assemble/dissemble jet engines or other assigned work.
- Check all phases of assembly, as specified by work instructions, to perform self-inspection or peer inspection of critical processes ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Work independently or with assigned personnel to set up the test stand and preparing and mounting the test article per procedure. Assist with engine inspections as required by the engine test plan.
- Support others in producing valid test data. Inspect, maintain, and complete necessary reporting on equipment, facilities, and support systems.
- Remove instrumentation, equipment and utilities to de-prep, dismount and preserve test article for shipment.
- Prepare test article for proper storage and transportation. Move test article to proper location.
- Reconfigure and repair system equipment, test article and stand. Inspect lifting devices and store in proper location. Reconfigure test article and stand.
- Package engines for shipment to the customer as defined by work instructions.
- Assist in training of other team members as requested by supervision. Carry out other tasks within the scope of this job description to support department objectives and to develop individual skills.
- High school diploma or GED
- High school diploma or GED
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- A&P License and 2 years experience in Aviation Mechanics or Military Equivalency
- Ability to interpret and work from complicated drawings, specifications, procedures, and instructions to fabricate, configure, install, remove/replace and set up a variety of power systems, components, modules, test stands, and associated equipment.
- Proficient with MS office Suite
- Able to obtain and maintain certifications to operate powered industrial vehicles
- May be asked to work varying shifts as needed
- Craft clear communication
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms