Manufacturing Trainee Grade 83-Weekend Shift
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
This position is designed to give individuals with little or no machining or grinding background the skills they need to become a Certified Operator at Pratt & Whitney. Employees selected for this position will attend a 3 week training program and participate in 4-8 weeks of the on the job training.
- Learn to set up and operate NC milling/grinding machines, vertical turret lathes or VTC’s to perform routine production operations on a variety of similar weldments and assemblies.
- Learn to work from operation sheets, part travelers, BOROPS, and oral instruction to set up equipment for grinding, turning, facing, boring and/or chamfering operations involving a limited number of surfaces to be machined.
- Learn to verify conformance of finished work to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Obtain operator Certification to be able to accept/reject parts.
- Learn to maintain machines by performing required total preventive maintenance (TPM)
- Learn to work collaboratively with engineers, quality assurance, programmers and other production personnel or others to resolve machining problems and assist in part process development.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma/HiSET
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- 1 – 3 years of manufacturing, automotive or related trade experience
- Ability to make computations involving decimals and fractions
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms