Grinding Cell Operator I-Grade 84-2nd Shift
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Set up and operate NC milling and grinding machines to tight tolerances to perform routine production operations on a variety of similar weldments and assemblies.
- Work from operation sheets, part travelers, BOROPS, and oral instruction to set up equipment for facing, grinding, boring and chamfering operations involving a limited number of surfaces to be machined.
- Perform a variety of bench mechanic and / or assembler type operations on jet engine components including development of parts and processes.
- Verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Flexible around shifts, including overtime, for training and to maintain workflow.
- Manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- 1 – 3 years of related experience, or a completed degree/certificate from a post-secondary or vocational school in a related field with 0-1+years related experience
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Experience with grinding and machining
- Experience with computerized/CNC machine operation
- Experience with precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, verniers and dial indicators
- Experience using production gages to check work including snap, radius and flush pin gages
- Experience working from drawings and operation sheets that involve computations with fractions and decimals
- Ability to make computations involving decimals and fractions
- Set up machines, troubleshoot, do standard walk-arounds and inspect own work
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Excel
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms