Repair Development Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:PW108: Springdale AR 275 E Robinson Avenue, Springdale, AR, 72764 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
This is a Repair Design Engineer (RDE) position is with the Cases & Composites Group within the Global Services Engineering (GSE) Commercial repair group. The RDE is responsible for the development of repairs for commercial gas turbine engine parts, and including development of the repair concept, writing of the repair, obtaining internal approvals, obtaining FAA regulatory approval, and coordination with the end user.
This will be onsite/hybrid in Northwest Arkansas.
- Lead a multi-discipline team to establish repair design requirements and ensure repairs are safe, durable, and meet the quality requirements of the OEM parts.
- Research operating environments and functionality of components, their interactions with mating parts, and develop strategies which will return damaged parts back to service.
- Create technical documents that provide engineering requirements for repairs.
- Interface with commercial product line management (PLM) to secure priorities and understand programmatic issues.
- Support the Customer in the resolution of field supportability issues.
- Ensure repair tasks are completed to schedule and on budget.
- Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years of mechanical design or manufacturing engineering experience is required.
- Experience in the use of Unigraphics/NX or similar CAD application is required.
- Exposure to cost and schedule management or team leadership is desired.
- Experience with manufacturing processes such as, machining, plating, plasma spray, welding or brazing is also desired.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms