Country:United States of America
Location:PW228: NAS Patuxent River 22091 Sears Road Bldg. 2785 , Patuxent River, MD, 20670 USA
Pratt & Whitney is seeking a Bond Room Technician to serve as a member of our F135 Field Team supporting the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter at Patuxent River Naval Air Station, MD. Selected individual will assist with the following activities:
Responsible for maintaining inventory control of Material Stores, Tool Room, Special Test and Support Equipment and property management according to applicable company and customer directives in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
Understand the Pratt & Whitney Quality policies to ensure workmanship meets requirements and FOD controls are implemented and followed.
Ensure maintenance requisition records and traceability for jet engine parts, components, controls, sub-assemblies and engines are completed to meet internal and external customer audit and inspection requirements.
Complete and maintain required documentation in accordance with established procedures, including but not limited to work orders, tools, and equipment and deficiency reports.
Monitor Due-In-From-Maintenance (DIFM) assets for proper disposition and turn-in. Order and replenish bench stock as required. Perform cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy. Maintain 100% accountability for all tools and hardware within the Bond Room. Route support equipment items through PMEL and NDI as required. Perform corrosion inspection prevention activities.
Participate in and comply with the requirements of CORE Operating System and EH&S programs, training, and activities to meet company objectives/goals in support of the customer. Candidate able to pass a drug screen and acquire a Secret security clearance.
Individual must also pass a background check and any additional security checks by the U.S. government
Physical ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. may be required. Able to work with hands positioned overhead and be able to use ladders and step stools.
Applicant/hire must be able to work any shift based on business needs. Must also be able to obtain / maintain any required work permits for temporary duty assignments.
The successful candidate must perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed as a minimum to be considered for this position.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have a High School diploma or GED
- One (1) year related experience and/or training needed.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Ability to use computers and familiarity with Microsoft Office software is recommended.
- This position requires an individual who is detail oriented.
- Accuracy in work performed is required.
- Ability to work overtime, any shift with adequate notice and support periodic travel requirements is necessary.
- Flexibility and willingness to relocate for business purposes may be required.
- Prefer the ability to operate forklift, hand trucks, pick-up truck and stacker equipment is desired.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, experience may be considered.
- F135 part family experience and tool room familiarity is a plus.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms