Thermal Spray Operator I
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
We have an amazing Opportunity right now as a Thermal Spray Operator
- Under the direction of supervision or working leader, work from verbal, written or computer generated instructions to perform pre coating operations such as surface preparation, masking , etc.
- Apply coatings, using a variety of equipment and media.
- Run test pieces to determine acceptability of parts and coating equipment set up.
- Read work instructions and use shop mathematics. Use micrometers to check work; make adjustments necessary to maintain quality.
- Perform post coating operations such as removing parts from fixtures, removing masking, etc.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctioning coating equipment in assigned area. Perform minor repairs on coating equipment where applicable.
- Work from quality review and corrective work documents, or other similar instructions, to rework or repair coated parts, adapting existing or modified tooling, methods and techniques as required.
- Assist engineers and others in developing new or changed operations. Make recommendations for changing and improving operating parameters and processes. Work with others in effort to modify, install and repair coating equipment in assigned area.
- Perform routine servicing throughout the assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions (such as operator’s checklist for upkeep) to assure equipment operates properly.
- Refer difficulties to leader or supervisor.
- Flexible around shifts, including overtime, for training and to maintain workflow.
- Manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individuals’ skills.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- 1 + years of related experience, or a completed degree/certificate from a post-secondary or vocational school in a related field with 0-1+years related experience
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Experience with metal finishing methods, spray coating/paint application, machining, grinding, and/or welding
- Experience with computerized machine operation
- Experience with precision measuring instruments such as feeler gages, verniers, calipers and micrometers
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms