MTS Mechanic- 2nd shift
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Repair, construct, overhaul or modify machine tools and related shop equipment. Set up and operate general purpose machine tools to make or repair parts and maintain work area in proper manner. Typical tasks include, but not limited to:
- Read and draw shop sketches and schematics for mechanical trades and work with electrical schematics.
- Apply the principles of hydraulics and pneumatics to troubleshoot system/component problems and rebuild or repair related equipment and use the fundamentals of industrial electricity, when necessary.
- May be required to set up and run lathes, milling machines, drill presses and surface grinders to produce, refurbish or modify common machine components such as shafts, bushings, gears, pulleys, castings and housings.
- Troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical problems using the principals of numerical controls. Assist others in troubleshooting problems associated with electrical/mechanical components.
- Check and adjust machine tools for accuracy and alignment.
- Effectively communicate, orally and in writing, with trades people and vendors, including researching and ordering of parts.
- Apply the principals of industrial safety and handling of hazardous materials as it relates to machine repair.
- Manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Must be flexible around shifts for coverage and training, including overtime.
- Must be able to obtain an Industrial Vehicle license to perform related job duties.
- Must be able to work from heights of 20 feet or less.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- 1+ years of related experience or a completed technical certificate / post-secondary degree in a related field
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Work experience in mechanics, assembly methods, fitting and aligning techniques, hydraulics, pneumatics, servomechanisms, engineering drawings interpretation and advanced shop mathematics
- Completed technical school certificate or degree preferred
- Competent in Microsoft Office and SAP
- Knowledge of ACE tools
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms