GSP AWW Quality Supervisor/ QE
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for providing leadership to one or more GSP QA Cells
- Apply CORE, lean and other continuous improvement techniques to develop and implement process improvement initiatives aimed at increasing quality, throughput and delivery integrity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to multi-skilled group of team members engaged in the repair of jet engine components.
- Ensure employees are adequately trained and work in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Execute business decisions in a fair and equitable manner, conduct annual performance reviews, hold regular toolbox meetings, provide two-way communications, consistent application of policy/work rules, clear, consistent communication of organizational goals and objectives.
- Requires availability on all shifts.
- Investigate the root cause of customer escapes and non-conformances and determine appropriate corrective/preventive actions. Perform product, process and work instruction reviews.
- Review and approve FAI’s, LEA’s, Service Masters, IAE Portal access, and Tech publications access
- Provide technical guidance and training to inspectors
- Familiarity with QN creation/documentation through SAP
- Quality Stamp control, Variation control and closure
- Support all Company obligations as they relate to Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, contracting with the United States Government and Administration of FAA policies and procedures.
- This position will support hourly associates on AWW first shift F,S,S.
- Associates/ Bachelors degree with 3+ years quality, engineering, and/or manufacturing experience required
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Analytical, problem solving & mathematic skills
- Demonstrated skill and success in team leadership, facilitation & coaching skills
- Working knowledge of shop practices, processes and procedures
- Demonstrated flexibility / adaptability in high stress, ambiguous environments
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize
- Working knowledge of Aftermarket products, procedures, and process technologies
- Excellent computer skills
Pratt & Whitney North Berwick Repair Operations is a FAA regulated facility and as such under the U.S. Departments of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms