Human Resources Business Partner, Operations
Location:LOC13055 1801Courtney Park Drive,Mississauga,Ontario,L5T 1J3,Canada
Who we are
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe that powered flight has transformed – and will continue to transform – the world. That’s why we work with an explorer’s heart and a perfectionist’s grit to design, build, and service the world’s most advanced aircraft engines. We do this across a diverse portfolio – including Commercial Engines, Military Engines, Business Aviation, General Aviation, Regional Aviation, and Helicopter Aviation – and as a way of turning possibilities into realities for our customers. This is how we at Pratt & Whitney approach our work, and this is why we are inspired to go beyond.
What are our expectations?
In an environment focused on results, teamwork and continuous improvement, the Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for providing strategic levelled support to their internal Operations customers including Assembly & Test, Machine Shop, Logistics and Quality. The Human Resources Business Partner will provide guidance in the areas of talent attraction and retention, succession management, leadership development, organizational development, diversity, equity & inclusion, performance management, training and compensation and benefits.
What your day to day will look like
- Plan, deploy and take part in key human resource management activities, such as performance management, succession planning and leadership development to align with strategic objectives for the business
- Act as a facilitator in communications, in the resolution of issues between management and employees, and in the strategic alignment of your business units by encouraging commitment and accountability
- Implement and execute human resource management strategies that will help your internal customers to achieve their business objectives and carry out the global mission of P&WC
- Coach Managers through challenging performance management situations and support managers in developing and communicating plans to address areas of improvement
- Establish yourself as the key focal contact for your customer groups by creating strong and engaging employee networks
- Objectively assess and bring to resolution employee relations issues, partnering with legal and ethics committees as needed
- Analyze employee relations trends and recommend and develop proactive strategies, solutions, programs, and policies
- Act as a key opinion leader and first point of contact to engage with employee’s in conflict resolution
- Advise, support and coach managers and employees in the interpretation and application of HR-related policies and processes
- Serve as a liaison with all Human Resources functions between managers and employees
The tools you need to be successful
- Post-secondary education in human resources at a recognized educational institution at the college and/or university level
- Minimum of 5-7 years of applicable HR experience preferably in a non-unionized manufacturing environment with experience dealing with manufacturing employees of all levels
- Strong customer facing experience and ability to adjust communication styles between employees, supervisors/managers and senior facility leadership
- Proven investigatory experience and ability to make sound judgements and conclusions based on facts. Provide timely investigation reports and findings and outline corrective actions maintaining communication with impacted stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to balance day-to-day deliverables, key HR calendar deliverables and special projects
- Ability to influence managers at all levels of the organization
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What we offer
- Long-term deferred compensation programs
- Advancement programs to enhance education skills
- Flexible work schedules
- Leadership and training programs
- Comprehensive benefits, savings and pension plans
- Financial support for parental leave
- Reward programs for outstanding work
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The masculine pronoun is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of making the text easier to read. P&WC is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to promote diversity and inclusion. We will consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms