Repair ELMT Design Lead
Country:United States of America
Location:PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Global services Engineering (GSE) develops innovative repair solutions to observed & predicted distress on components of all Pratt & Whitney (P&W) Military jet engines in order to economically return the engine to service. GSE is part of the Oklahoma City Extended Life Management (ELMT) focused on supporting depot operations.
- Support the Customer in the resolution of depot supportability issues.
- Support Oklahoma City ELMT activities as a repair subject matter expert (SME).
- Review and approve repairs engineering requirements for design engineering.
- Support source qualification activities.
- Promote Repair Design Engineers (RDE) proficiency development through formal and informal mentoring.
- Contribute to the creation and enhancement of engineering standard work.
- Lead or participate in technical, special projects as required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Manufacturing processes such as machining, blending, plating, plasma spray, shot peening, and coating removal is desirable.
- Experience in team leadership and formal customer communications is preferred.
- Structural analysis experience, knowledge of the QN / AN process, Teamcenter, and ESW is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical, Mechanical, or Metallurgical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4+ years of Pratt & Whitney (P&W) experience in gas turbine engine design, development, and/or Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO).
- Outside experience with P&W Proficiency Level 3 in a related technical discipline or capability to achieve within 6 months.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Requires expert or mastery level knowledge of work area, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires substantial knowledge of UTC projects, programs or systems in order to provide enhancements within job are.
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5+ years relevant work experience.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms