Sr Eng, Mfg Engrg-Ops
Country:United States of America
Location:PW177: Advanced Coating Technologies 60 Turner Dr, Suite 1, Middletown, NY, 10941 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Pratt & Whitney Hot Section Module Center Manufacturing Engineering Organization is seeking a highly motivated individual to support the production of turbine airfoils.
The Senior Coatings Manufacturing Engineer's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interpretation of technical data such as Engineering Drawings, Quality Assurance specifications, etc., which will flow down into process work instructions.
- Execute standard work to create and modify work instructions for new and existing processes including definition of tooling and process parameters.
- Identify & implement shop floor process optimization & control methods to eliminate/prevent quality turn backs /escapes and reduce overall product costs.
- Review & modify tool designs, track and implement tool changes and corrections.
- Provide production support by resolving manufacturing process issues timely.
- Participate in and lead root cause and corrective action investigations
- Implement new capital equipment from specification and ordering through delivery, installation, and release to production.
- Provide focused & effective leadership in eliminating EH&S/Ergonomics/Human Factors risks and addressing quality issues.
- Participate in CORE initiatives.
- Significant interaction with the hourly work force, tool designers, quality assurance and engineering partners are typical of the position.
- Bachelor's degree required. Engineering discipline with 3.0 GPA or higher preferred. 3-5 years related experience
- A working-knowledge of the continuous improvement tools is desired, including Process Certification & Management, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, QCPC/Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing.
- Experience in the following types of coatings would be of great benefit, but not required: low pressure plasma spray, vacuum plasma spray, air plasma spray, thermal barrier coatings, EBPVD coatings and diffusion coatings.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms