Special Process Technical Manager - CSMC
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Manufacturing Engineering - Special Processes Technical Manager
Pratt & Whitney Compression Systems Module Center (CSMC) is seeking an experienced, proactive, and goal oriented professional to lead deployment and execution of Manufacturing Engineering activities in key Special Processes.
Reporting to the Module Center Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the Special Processes Technical Manager will lead a team of highly qualified manufacturing engineers responsible for CSMC Special Processes. The candidate will have strategic leadership of Manufacturing Engineering resources, technical strategies, and investment resources that support safety, quality, delivery & cost objectives of a specific module center or site. The leader will be responsible for assisting the organization in developing a vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting infrastructure for the integration of data driven decision making and Lean/Six-Sigma methods into daily business practices across operations, engineering, quality, and business functions.
- Lead a team of Special Process Manufacturing Engineers. (Shot Peen, Plasma, CBN, Welding/Joining, Part Marking, etc.)
- Develop, plan, & implement capital requirements to support productivity improvements, technology insertion, manufacturing automation and capacity for future programs
- Ensure MRL (Manufacturing Readiness Level) for Special Processes aligns to Program requirements as hardware transitions from development to production across the Module Center
- Drive product cost reduction and ensure War on Cost targets are achieved through process improvements and deployment of new technologiesLead significant projects critical to improve manufacturing process capability & quality performance
- The candidate must demonstrate exceptional leadership, interpersonal and team skills
- Demonstrated proficiency leading and managing a large portfolio of cross functional projects
- Capable of influencing and getting cooperation and action from others.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written), work and relate with people at all levels of the organization and be self-sufficient.
- Effective team player, good coaching skills and can develop other co-workers.
- Ability to encourage and motivate others to be successful.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office computer software including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Able to use Minitab and other statistical software.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills. Proficiency in statistics, data analytics, DOE, and multivariate statistics.
- Strong business acumen & an ability to multi-task and adapt to changing business requirements.
- Willingness to implement and drive lean manufacturing techniques
- The ability to develop and insert new technologies into the manufacturing process
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Prior experience with Special Manufacturing Processes.
- ACE/CORE/ 6 Sigma knowledge and/or certification
- Strong understanding of other continuous improvement skills: DFSS, Red-X, Lean, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering and/or Operations
- 7+ years of relevant experience (Program/Project Mgmt, Ops, Engr, Quality)
- Advanced degree is a plus
- 20 to 30%
- Manufacturing Engineering
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms