Senior Mechanical Engineer - Compression Systems
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Compression Systems Engineering Fan & Low-Pressure Compressor Mechanical Design team is seeking experienced mechanical engineering professionals to join our team. Experience in gas turbine engineering is preferred, but any experience with complex machinery and assemblies may be appropriate. If you have relevant mechanical design background and experience in these areas and possess the skills and motivation to bring new ideas into practice, we would like to like to hear from you. We have openings at our East Hartford and Middletown, Connecticut locations; and the roles will be either full-time on-site or hybrid.
Key job functions:
- Application of sound mechanical engineering across all phases of the design cycle, from concept initiation all the way through field operational support.
- Application of sound mechanical engineering across a variety of part types (static and rotating) as well as integration of detail components into functioning modules and systems.
- Resolution of mechanical engineering problems of difficult and complex scope, seeking a balanced system solution, ensuring engineering excellence, all with limited supervisor oversight required.
- Clear communication to all levels of the organization.
- Coordination of product definition data and making layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposals. Final approval of product definition.
- Provision of technical leadership and assistance in training less experienced engineers to help them diagnose and solve problems and build capabilities.
- Leadership of multi-discipline Integrated Product Teams.
- Willingness to work in an on-site environment, either full-time or in a hybrid work situation.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering.
- 5+ years of Mechanical Design engineering experience or 3+ years with an advance degree
- US Citizenship
- M.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering.
- Proficiency in Teamcenter, Unigraphics, Ansys, and classical methods of analysis.
- Active US government security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of hardware, blueprints, dimensions & tolerances, and manufacturing methods.
- Turbomachinery experience.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms