Senior Engineer – Composite Design
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney’s Compression Systems Engineering (CSE), designers and analysts of advanced Fans, Low and High Pressure Compressors, is currently seeking a highly-motivated Design Engineer to join its team in support of the Commercial Composites Fan, supporting all of our commercial engine programs, including the Next Generation Product Family (NGPF).
You will be responsible for:
- Working on an Integrated Product Team and participating in projects aimed at crafting and implementing designs that meet advanced engine-specific requirements.
- Functioning as design lead for composite or fairing components
- Material selection, determination of laminate architecture, creation of solid models, and design of sub-element components for structural testing; assist in manufacturing process development at suppliers, and ensure the manufacturability of component designs.
- Providing analytical support for preliminary & detailed design, through development, validation, certification, manufacturing and operational service.
- Validate methods against subscale and full-scale static, dynamic and impact tests.
- Support of the Next Generation Product Family, advanced engine designs and installed base of engines.
- Developing computer and simulation-based methods and processes that support engineering productivity and throughput.
- Documenting and presenting results to management and external customers.
- Coordinating with others to advance technology and improve engineering standard work processes/methods
- Applying ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence) tools within the Composites Organization.
10% Travel is Anticipated
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of Engineering experience OR 3+ years with an advance degree
- US Citizen or green card holder
- PhD Engineering, or Masters Degree in Engineering
- CAD Software experience (NX, FiberSIM, TeamCenter preferred)
- Mechanical design experience (bolted joints, hand calculations, etc)
- Knowledge of composite design and analysis
- Mechanical property, Non-destructive testing methods for composites.
- Hands-on composites manufacturing experience using hand layup/autoclave, compression molding, or RTM techniques.
- Knowledge of advanced textile design and manufacturing
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms