Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney is seeking an experienced, proactive, and goal oriented professional to lead Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) execution on critical components in the Operations organization.
Execution of MRL elements to drive process control will dramatically improve the company’s quality and delivery signature. The Product ME will be responsible for specific part or part family MRL advancement through the execution of MRL elements such as PFMEA, Control Plan & Gage R&R. The scope of this role will include both PW internal shop and supply chain components.
- With specific parts ownership, this role will drive manufacturing process improvements across multiple process steps that spans the full value stream of the parts.
- Provide focused & effective leadership in the advancement of MRL elements to drive manufacturing risk identification and mitigation to achieve superior quality performance.
- Identify & implement process optimization & control methods to eliminate/prevent quality turn backs /escapes and reduce overall product costs.
- As a key member of the Integrated Product Team (IPT), significant interaction with product designers, tool designers, quality assurance, systems designers, and other stakeholders is required
- Use statistical analysis tools to perform Root cause analysis and corrective actions on non-conforming product.
- Drive targeted manufacturing process optimization activities through MRL tools such as Value Stream Mapping and Process Flow Diagram, PFMEA, Control Plans, Measurement Systems Analysis, Yield & Cost curves and Qualification plan.
- The discipline and follow-through to fully document problem statements, observations, conclusions, calculations and recommendations.
- Work with senior management:
- Support the project pipeline process to select, prioritize and scope projects to business objectives, integrated with other continuous improvement activities and ACE/CORE initiatives.
- Schedule and facilitate periodic project reviews and ensure validation of MRL gate advancements. Use effective scorecards and metrics to ensure progress.
- Lead significant projects critical to improve manufacturing process capability & quality performance
- Represent the organization in various forums related to MRL execution. Develop standard work, procedures, and integrate industry-standard best practices.
- Communicate lessons learned to:
- Product development/engineering to enable implementation of design for variation (DFV) and robust design methods (DFSS).
- Other operational organizations for read across implementation.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in complex manufacturing activities
- Demonstrated proficiency leading and managing a portfolio of cross functional projects
- Effective team player with strong good interpersonal skills capable of influencing and getting cooperation and action from others.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written), work and relate with people at all levels of the organization and be self-sufficient.
- and ability to influence cross functional team
- Ability to encourage and motivate others to be successful.
- Six Sigma project leadership/management/coaching experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS office computer software including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Able to use Minitab and other statistical software.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in statistics, data analytics, DOE, and multivariate statistics.
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- ACE/CORE/ 6 Sigma Practitioner/Professional certification
- Strong understanding of other continuous improvement skills: DFSS, Red-X, Lean, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 2+ years of relevant experience (Manufacturing Engineering, Program/Project Mgmt, Ops, Engr, Quality)
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms