Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Position: OpX Site Transformation Industrial Engineer
Primary Job Responsibilities:
In this role you will drive and create the IE methods and standards within the transformation of manufacturing and business operations for the Operational Excellence (OpX) Team.
The OpX vision is to be a competitive differentiator executing on an operating standard that is culturally pervasive and institutionalized at all levels of Operations, delivering efficiency and unbeatable results every day for our employees, customers and shareholders.
Direct Job Responsibilities Include:
- Calculating machine and labor requirements, capacity, facility and inventory needs
- Effectively planning and executing projects across multiple sites
- Working across departments such as Operations, Quality, Industrial, Manufacturing, Digital Technology, etc. to drive, design and optimize facility/process efficiency and productivity of labor and machinery
- Direct measures of success include OEE/OLE quantifiable improvements
- Work directly with OpX Transformation Facility Design Specialist as we transform our operational footprint based on lean manufacturing principles
- Learning and applying new concepts while keeping current with state of the art techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, or similar
- 7+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with a focus on Industrial, Process, System, or Project Engineering
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to work and interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidates should be self-starters and able to work with minimal direction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Reliability, willingness to learn, and attention to detail
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, or similar
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (ACE, 6S, VSM, 3P, etc.)
- Data mining & manipulation experience with VBA, SQL, other methods
- Understanding of capital acquisition process – knowledge or background preferred
- Experience with Facility layout optimization
- Experience with human factors engineering
- Experience with OEE and OLE/OOE
- Some travel required
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms