Fan Module Center - Assistant Controller
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
M5 Senior Manager, Pratt & Whitney - Fan Module Center - Assistant Controller
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney Fan Module Center (FMC) is comprised of 3 sites PWMS (Singapore), PWAA (Michigan) and PWA (Alabama). This role will give exposure to all 3 unique sites within Pratt & Whitney’s worldwide Aftermarket and OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) network. The PWAA OEM business is a key supplier within Pratt & Whitney’s manufacturing operations, while the Aftermarket business is one of five repair sites within the United States, repairing several components on Pratt & Whitney’s legacy engines and the GTF engines.
P&W FMC is seeking an Assistant Controller to lead the OEM finance organization of all 3 sites. The position will be based in Middletown, CT.
The candidate will be part of the OEM leadership team, and will have the opportunity to partner with all 3 General Managers and work closely with individuals across all functions of the businesses, including finance, engineering, customer service, Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S), human resources and operations.
Key Job Responsibilities Include:
- Direct the monthly closing and variance analysis of financial results
- Manage and track shop performance against forecasted key performance indicators (KPIs) and provide weekly updates to operations leadership team
- Provide monthly summary of results to the local operations team and to the Cold Section Module Center (CSMC) Finance team
- Coordinate monthly forecasting processes for contribution margin, inventory reserves, shop cost per hour, shop workload, and manpower planning
- Lead and develop the finance team
- Drive process improvement in monthly and annual forecasting processes
- Lead the annual and long range plan forecasting process for contribution margin, inventory reserves, shop cost per hour, shop workload, and manpower planning
- Proactively develop risks and opportunities with OEM Operations leadership, and ensure timely communication to the FMC Operations finance team
- Partner with business leaders to support various projects, reduce cost and expand financial returns
- Coordinate Sarbanes-Oxley and internal control activities; including annual GAP assessments, testing, and close out of open tickets
- Set a high standard in monitoring and oversight of P&W / Raytheon Technologies ethics and control policies to ensure 100% compliance
- Support the FMC Operations finance team with ad hoc financial requirements, including; journal entries, invoicing, control tower(s), and other miscellaneous initiatives from the business unit leaders.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years experience in Accounting or Finance OR Master’s Degree and 5+ years experience in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of Manufacturing Experience
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate throughout all functions of these businesses
- Strong desire to drive the results of the business and implement process improvement initiatives
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office based applications and systems such as SAP, HFM and Business Warehouse
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms