Amercon Quality Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:PW205: P&W Amercon - PA 181 Fulling Mill Road, Middletown, PA, 17057 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt and Whitney Amercon, a business unit within the Hot Section Module Center (HSMC), is seeking a highly talented and motivated Quality Engineer to join our team. The business produces turbine blades and vanes for several key P&W programs, including NGPF and F135. Services at P&W Amercon include grinding, EDM machining, milling, robotic polishing, mass media finishing, special processing (heat treat, weld, shot peen) and non-destructive testing (FPI, X-ray).
The Quality Engineer is responsible for managing the entire quality engineering process of assigned parts. This includes the following:
- Respond to technical concerns/issues in a manufacturing environment;
- Partner with manufacturing engineers to design the quality process for inspection of the part;
- Create/review FAI (First Article Inspection) and/or PPAP packages per A9102 or equivalent;
- Review process changes or conformity to requirements;
- Coordinate and perform root cause analysis to solve manufacturing process issues;
- Responsible for communicating daily requirements to our suppliers on parts assigned;
- Facilitate and prepare for external audits;
- Interface with customers regarding quality concerns.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Independent worker with strong technical capabilities and strong product/quality knowledge
- Understands the quality requirements of parts under his/her assignment;
- Strong ability to work in a team problem-solving environment is required;
- Knowledge of SPC and process control technologies.
- Thorough understanding of ISO9001, AS9100, NADCAP and Pratt & Whitney Quality Systems (preferred);
- Experience with dimensional inspection, blueprint interpretation, and/or GD&T;
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with SAP and other IT Quality systems desired.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (ACE); Value Stream Mapping, 5S - Workplace Organization, Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Set-up Reduction, Total Productive Maintenance and Mistake Proofing.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms