Manufacturing Engineering Internship
Country:United States of America
Location:PW714: Holt MI 1780 Holloway, Holt, MI, 48842 USA
Internship – Summer 2022
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building, and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Pratt & Whitney Internship Program
Interns at Pratt & Whitney work on challenging, meaningful, and impactful projects across our business. We’re looking for students with an engineer’s curiosity, an explorer’s heart, and a perfectionist’s grit to help us build the future of aerospace.
Whether supporting Mature Commercial Engines, industry-leading Geared Turbofan engines, Military Engine programs, Operations, or Business Support functions, our program seeks to help you: develop an understanding of the aerospace industry; learn about our company and its operations; and appreciate how each discipline and department’s contribution to the success of our products and customer partnerships.
While you benefit from on-the-job training and practical experience, you are expected to contribute fresh ideas and participate as a productive member of the department. Your growth as a professional and the difference you make will be on display every day.
Are you ready to go beyond?
We are currently seeking Engineering interns to support OEM and MRO production and components in Holt and Lansing Michigan. Engineering interns work in many diverse areas, including:
- Works with ME to plan sequences of operations, to estimate time required and learns how to write process sheets and bill of materials.
- Works with Engineering to understand part drawings and other engineering data necessary to define the fabrication and manufacturing methods and processes.
- Consults with design or projects engineering to determine the suitability or produceability of molds, fixtures, or parts.
Proficiency on the computer with Microsoft Office or similar and Cad software.
2. Enrolled and in good academic standing with an accredited institution. Preferred enrollments in the following disciplines: Engineering, Computer Science, Metallurgy, Material Science or Manufacturing.
3: Basic knowledge of drawings and 3D models.
4: Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaisen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (ACE, 6s, etc.).
Physical and Psychological Requirements (the following are essential functions for this job):
The following are essential functions for this job.
Able to stand for long periods of time
Able to sit for long periods of time.
Capable of perceiving the spoken voice clearly.
Able to sustain concentration and prolonged commitment to tasks.
Competent at communicating through written expression.
Able to read.
Able to work closely with others.
Flexible in the work environment while performing a variety of frequently changing tasks.
Able to work effectively under stress and pressure to meet deadlines.
Ambulatory within the various plants.
Moderate noise level in a business office setting.
2. Some exposure to a manufacturing environment where there can be dust, noise, and material particles.
The above duties and responsibilities describe the principal functions of this job and are not intended to be considered a detailed description of every aspect of this job.
This internship will be in person based in Holt, Michigan.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program at the time of the assignment. Preferred majors includeMechanical/Aerospace Engineering or a related field
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- [MODIFY AS NEEDED:] Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident (“Green Card” holder) / Must be a U.S. Citizen due to government contract requirements
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a consistent record of collaboration, innovation, and initiative
- A passion for learning about and pursuing a career in aviation and aerospace
- Creative problem-solving skills and adaptability in responding to new business challenges
- Eager to learn new things, contribute a fresh perspective, and share your knowledge with others
Optional Statements [may be included as needed in the internship description]:
This is a pipeline requisition. Qualified candidates will be considered for open 2021 internship positions as they become available.
This position is eligible to work remotely.
Inclusion Powers Innovation
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, innovation and creativity thrive, and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms