F135 Site Director/ Edwards AFB
Country:United States of America
Location:PW126: Edwards AFB 295 N. Wolfe Ave, Bldg 3810, Edwards AFB, CA, 93524 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So- calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Military Engines Field Operations is seeking a leader to manage P&W F-35, F-22, and soon B-21 flight test program propulsion system maintenance and logistic activities that support the Air Force Test Center flight test squadrons at Edwards AFB, California. Additionally, the site is responsible for limited F135 Sustainment Depot maintenance and P&W Engineering engine ground test demonstration and validation events. The position is the senior leader that manages on-site Field Service Engineers, Base Engine Managers, Technicians, and Bond Room personnel to ensure that all P&W Flight Test and F135 Sustainment requirements are met. As well, the Site Manager manages the facilities occupied by P&W at Edwards AFB through interaction with the 412th Test Wing and Integrated Test Force (ITF) and the Combined Test Force (CTF) organizations.
Duties will also include:
- Senior focal on all matters regarding F135, F119 and other systems operation procedures, technical information, scheduling, maintenance execution, and any other propulsion- related concerns
- Promote and enforce safety and quality of critical processes that ensure the quality of our engine product and our brand as safe, reliable and dependable engines
- Providing leadership and administrative oversight of P&W onsite support staff employees.
- Submitting required technical and administrative records and management reports.
- Enforcing Environmental, Safety, Health, OSHA, HAZMAT procedures and directives
- Ensuring P&W support staff is compliant with program, company, and gov’t policy and procedures
- Oversight to planning and scheduling P&W work assignments, monitoring production, and assisting in resolving conflicts should they arise.
- Apply the requirements of the collective bargaining agreement of the hourly workforce
- Recruiting salary team members
- Oversight of vehicle fleet management, Government property, P&W IT network, Gov’t Security Compliance
- Participate as needed in daily planning/production meetings that establish in-shop maintenance priorities
- Performing additional site management functions as applicable to support contract obligations.
- Maintaining clear lines of communication with local base representatives and staff
A Bachelor's degree is required, advanced degrees are preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in aircraft maintenance and logistics or fleet support.
- Must be able to obtain or maintain a US government security clearance
- Demonstrated leadership capability, able to drive change across an organization and several different groups.
- Project planning and execution skills
- P&W Test Engineering - commercial or military, development or flight test preferred but not required
- Turbomachine assembly and operation experience
- Experience with military technical data
- Able to work collaboratively with both internal and external customers to achieve operational goals
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms