F135 Process Methods Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:PW126: Edwards AFB 295 N. Wolfe Ave, Bldg 3810, Edwards AFB, CA, 93524 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So- calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Location: PW126 Edwards AFB, CA and PW228 PAX River NAS, MD
The Process & Methods Engineer will provide process engineering guidance to the F135 CLS Depot locations to support engine repairs, overhauls, and retrofits. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain user-friendly F135 engine and/or module maintenance work instructions utilizing industry best practices, mistake proofing, lessons learned and feedback from the shop floor
- Read and provide interpretation of Flight Test Procedures, Flight Test Letters, Integrated Engine Technical Procedures, Joint Tech Data, Standard Practice Manual, Blue Prints and Component Maintenance Manuals as necessary
- Provide disposition to workpackage changes using standard work processes and approved technical references for released work control documents
- Review technical data changes/revisions and implement necessary changes in work instruction master data; identify and report any changes that affect delivery schedule
- Work with engine managers and/or other staff members to maintain configuration control and reporting of engine data to ensure engine or module records are complete and accurate
- Apply CORE tools to identify and eliminate the root causes of process failures or escapes from maintenance processes
- Participate in or lead teams, committees, events and training that improve the organization and support achieving Site CORE objectives
- Participate in or lead teams reviewing and investigating maintenance escapes or process quality deficiencies; write thorough, concise and technically sound reports as required
- Develop and utilize robust Standard Work and desk procedures for maintenance processes
- Train, mentor, and coach other team members in technical and process matters
- F135 Depot Field Service Engineer responsibilities will also be required as necessary.
- Provide planning and technical support of engine maintenance, systems troubleshooting.
- Provide timely work scope definitions for engine and/or module repair that are comprehensive, clear, concise, cost effective, and meets customer-defined requirements
- Read and provide interpretation of F135 Engine Technical Data, Maintenance Awareness Bulletins and Quality Alerts to support production.
- Provide disposition to work requests/work package changes using standard work processes and approved technical references
BA/BS degree with 1-5 years experience
- The ability to work in cross-functional teams on a wide variety of tasks and with limited supervision.
- Experience applying strong interpersonal and communication skills to lead or facilitate teams.
- Process or manufacturing engineering experience, or hands-on assembly/disassembly experience on gas-turbine engines and operational experience in a Maintenance/Repair/Overhaul engine facility is a definite plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to work 1st or 2nd shift, at least on a rotational basis.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms