F135 FSE Rover
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So- calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
F135 FSE Rover
Country: United States of America
F135 Sustainment is seeking a Roving Field Service Engineer (FSE) to support both CONUS and OCUNUS F-35 sites.
Selected individual will assist with the following activities:
- Backfilling other FSEs located globally on short notice while adapting quickly local processes and standards.
- Support site activation activities as required
- Coordinate F135 propulsion system maintenance activities with the PW team, flight line operating areas, squadron and Lockheed Martin maintenance operating areas
- Perform controls activities related to aircraft download processing and analysis, propulsion system software loads, activations and monitoring of propulsion system Prognostic Health Monitoring, Engine Health Reporting Codes, and Maintenance Built In Test Systems (MBITS)
- Advise and assist the Customer in performance of F135 propulsion system maintenance, ensuring activities are performed IAW technical data and safe engine operation and maintenance procedures. Activities include fault isolation/troubleshooting and F135 repair actions consistent with the F135 Unit Level Maintenance Concept
- Support Government Property Management processes for program execution, to include but not limited to Support Equipment (SE), tooling, supply and government processes
- Work closely with P&W Customer Support Engineering and Sustainment to resolve technical and logistical problems involving F135 engine operation and maintenance through the use of the Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) and MERLIN System
- Use initiative and judgment to identify problems, conduct investigations to determine root causes, and implement corrective actions
- Actively support ACE initiatives and ensure employee safety by complying with and supporting EH&S activities- Actively interface with local personnel at all levels from senior leadership to the newest recruits
- Provide timely insight to PW management relative to emerging issues and relationship with this valued P&W customer
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time to support customer detachments and deployments. Needs to be on-call and able to depart with 48hrs notice. Domestic and International Travel, as well as Shipboard Operations are required and part of the team concept. Must have the ability to rotate first and second shift schedules as required to meet customer support and team objectives.
B.A./B.S. in an engineering or technical field, other fields of study with applicable experience will be considered.
- 7+ years of experience in aircraft gas turbine engine maintenance, logistics, and logistics support. This includes supply chain management and Support Equipment management.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain Secret Clearance and required work visas and permits.
- Must be able to work autonomously as the sole FSE in remote locations.
- Must be able to work off shift for customer coverage and deployments.
- Position requires up to 70% Travel.
- Proven interpersonal, leadership and teaming abilities
- Language skills are a plus
- Familiarity with CORE tools and processes.
- Experience in F-35/F135 Production, Flight Test, CSE, Maintenance, and/or Program Management
- Prior military service in maintenance and/or logistics
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms