Engine Technician at Edwards Air Force Base
Country:United States of America
Location:PW126: Edwards AFB 295 N. Wolfe Ave, Bldg 3810, Edwards AFB, CA, 93524 USA
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world. This is an exceptional opportunity at Edwards Air Force Base in California!
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our Team? Are you looking for an exciting role that is integral to the success of our company? An opportunity exists for you to join us in the role of Engine Technician.
Your Typical duties:
- You will perform the work necessary to ensure engine production requirements and ensure quality standards are met for the overhaul and repair or test of F-135, F-119 and F-100 engines or modules and associated new technologies.
- This role will include working on engines installed in the F-35 Aircraft as well as uninstalled engines in the back shop environment.
- You should have an understanding of maintenance information provided and working with team leaders through coordination with Technical Leads, Immediate Supervisor and Site Manager.
- Interface and lead with various other functions (Quality, Local FSR's, BEM's, Customers; U.S Air Force, LMAC etc.) to resolve issues and ensure timely product delivery.
- Complete the work priorities and assigned day-to-day tasks necessary to build, test and inspect Pratt and Whitney F135, F100, F119 gas turbine engines.
- This maintenance requirement will include engines installed in the F-35 Aircraft as well as uninstalled engines in the back shop environment.
- Interface and oversee with various other functions (Quality, Local FSR's, BEM's, Customers; U.S Air Force, LMAC etc.) to resolve issues and ensure timely product delivery.
- Complete, every single day, the work priorities and assigned day-to-day tasks necessary to build, test and inspect Pratt and Whitney F135, F119, F100 gas turbine engines.
- As required, work with Flight Test engineering to improve methods and processes to build engines and related component test hardware.
High School diploma or GED
- Must have 1+ year in the disassembly /assembly and inspection of gas turbine engines
- Must be a US Citizen due to Federal contracts
- Must have a High School diploma or GED
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must have the ability to interpret technical documentation for advanced propulsion systems.
- Must also be able to work atop maintenance platforms, ascend/descend maintenance stands, lift 25 pounds to a height of 4 feet, and lift/move heavy objects.
- Must be able to position themselves to perform maintenance and inspections underneath engine rails and inside the engine exhaust duct.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in work performed is a must.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment with changing/multiple priorities, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and work independently.
- Must be able to rotate between shifts as needed, work overtime/holiday’s when required, and be able to travel occasionally as needed.
- Obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits, or certifications as required.
- Perform additional tasks in support of business objectives and/or to develop the individuals' skills.
- Knowledge of how to interpret Safety Data Sheets and proper usage of Personnel Protective Equipment.
- Previous experience in Aerospace/Military Aircraft-tear down/buildup of jet engines.
- Familiarity with flight line maintenance operations.
- FAA Powerplant License.
- Qualified to perform crane operations, engine blade blends, engine borescope inspections, and run engines at test cell.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms