Turbine Airfoil Casting Project Staff Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney Hot Section Engineering Support to Operations (HSE ESTO) is seeking a goal oriented, detail-focused Project Engineer to work as the lead engineering point of contact for the Turbine Airfoil Casting Team (TACT). The TACT supports P&W's Hot Section Module Center (HSMC) facility in East Hartford, CT, with the mission to manage airfoil casting suppliers and ensure 100% on-time delivery. This position is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of turbine airfoil casting tools to support HSMC turbine airfoil raw material requirements, flow, and deliveries. The project engineer will provide day-to-day communication and guidance to casting suppliers and provide direct casting tooling status support to HSE Component Integrated Product Teams (CIPTs) and executive leadership in East Hartford, CT. This position is a key role within HSE ESTO as it provides a direct link with our suppliers, HSMC, and CIPTs regarding turbine airfoil casting tooling health.
This position requires excellent communication and teamwork skills, and the ability to operate across a wide range of disciplines and management levels with both internal and external customers to ensure requirements and expectations are met. Experience working with airfoil casting suppliers and hardware is a plus.
- Execute and drive to closure all TACT engineering tasks as part of the HSE ESTO team.
- Collect and trend turbine airfoil tooling status and manage the overall turbine airfoil governance plan.
- Proactively identify and communicate tooling needs regarding when to buy/rework tools.
- Facilitate and track airfoil casting tooling qualification activities, including PW-QA-6078 / 56C engineering assessments.
- Identify process improvements to ensure on-time delivery of turbine airfoil castings.
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers.
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or related engineering discipline.
- 7+ years of experience providing engineering support of development and/or production hardware for gas turbine engine components or 5+ years with an advance degree
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Advance Degree
- Ability to successfully operate in a remote-work arrangement.
- Demonstrated desire to expand project proficiency with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Assertive and results-oriented with good problem solving skills.
- Exposure to cost and schedule management, project engineering and team leadership is desirable. Experience with manufacturing processes such as investment casting and airfoil machining is desirable.
Travel Requirements: 30% travel may be required
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms