Technical Accounting Manager
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney is currently seeking an Accounting Manager to provide technical accounting support for the Company, under the direction of the Director, Finance Transformation & Special Projects (DFSP). The position represents a unique opportunity to utilize your accounting and finance expertise and work daily with contacts throughout the Pratt & Whitney organization at all levels of management. This will allow you to develop a broad and deep understanding of the Company’s business and operations that are essential for strong career development. This is a fully remote position (East Coast hours).
- Review contracts and agreements, research relevant accounting guidance, recommend accounting requirements for complex and/or non-routine transactions.
- Assist with evaluating the accounting implications of potential transactions and provide input and suggestions to planned and proposed agreements or transaction structures.
- Prepare technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions and support the review process with management and external auditors.
- Assist with implementation of new accounting standards.
- Update, integrate, maintain, and communicate both Pratt & Whitney and Raytheon Technologies Corporation (RTC) accounting policies.
- Respond to, solve, and make decisions on standard and/or routine business and accounting policy interpretation requests with limited risk.
- Prepare certain financial reporting deliverables for reporting to RTC.
- Support DFSP, Assistant Controller, and/or Controller in ad hoc projects.
- Technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP and practical experience in the application of accounting concepts.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with technical research.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely. document and effectively communicate complex accounting issues to both Finance and Non-Finance personnel.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with diverse and cross functional teams, domestically and internationally.
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills.
- Proactive, detail oriented, and able to work independently.
- Flexible to work outside normal business hours to meet project deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and minimum of 5+ years prior relevant work experience.
- Practical knowledge in leading the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one work area.
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams.
- Advanced Degree in a related field and a minimum of 3+ years prior relevant work experience.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms