Supplier Quality Engineer - HSMC
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Hot Module Center Supplier Quality team is responsible for working closely with our Suppliers to ensure we deliver high-Quality parts that meet our customer’s dynamic needs. As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you will provide support to the Global Supply Chain organization relative to improvement of Suppliers' Quality, as well as providing Quality interface, expertise and support to Suppliers and peer organizations. You will be responsible for supporting Hot Section Module Center’s casting suppliers that deliver some of the highly precise structural castings. The position offers opportunities for continued growth and development in both technical as well as interpersonal skills. Position is traditional Monday-Friday day shift.
- Working with casting suppliers to help them meet P&W quality requirements
- Work on deviation requests, 56Cs as well as Part Specific Inspection Plans (PSIPs)
- Create and maintain key relationships with Suppliers’ Quality and Operations Management teams, as well as PW Engineering, Procurement, and support organizations to resolve production challenges in a high paced environment
- Support Vendor Corrective Action Board (VCAB) and Manufacturing Corrective Action Board (MCAB) reviews
- Engage with SQAR, PPAP focal points and visit domestic and international suppliers to improve overall quality signature of supplier
- Support Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) assessment for HSMC hardware
- Utilize MRL tools and work in cross-functional teams of QEs, MEs, IEs as well as Program Chiefs
Escape Management Support
- Collect/Compile data and drive Continuous improvement initiatives at the Supplier in reaction to escapes, and in support of reduced cost and lead-time.
- Require and coach Suppliers to find root cause and implement sustainable corrective / preventive action on all escapes
- Lead Quality issue resolution with PW Engineering and Supplier Engineering on Supplier-designed components
- Conduct data analysis in PW QLIK dashboards and SAP to collect and analyze data to implement process and design changes at suppliers to improve their quality and productivity
- Team with Engineering and Procurement to execute proactive supply base improvement plans that improve Quality signature and to ensure customer confidence
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace, Aeronautical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering or related technical field
- Experience working in RCCA tools such as 8D & 5-Whys, PFMEAs, PPAP, Gage R&R
- 3+ years of quality experience in engineering, manufacturing, and/or aerospace
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Experience working in castings and raw materials is a plus
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Knowledgeable / experienced in AS9100 / ISO 9001 Quality systems
- Proficiency in Quality tools such as 8D, RCCA, PFMEA, GD&T and PPAP
- Self-starter with ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms