Sr Engineer, Design Engineering
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Mechanical Systems, Externals and Nacelles Engineering (MSEN) is responsible for all of the engineering activities for gears, bearings, seals, externals and nacelles across PW's military and commercial products including the highly successful Geared Turbofan (GTF) family of engines, and on military applications like the F-15, F-16, F-22 Raptor, and the F-35 Lightning II Fighter aircraft. The MSEN Engineering organization is seeking an experienced gear designer to support PW product lines, from the game changing GTF Fan Drive Gear System to accessory gearboxes on both commercial and military engines.
- Design and analyze spur, helical, spiral bevel gears, and transmission systems.
- Work with gearbox design/manufacturing vendors and partners in various engine programs at various program stages.
- Support field investigations working closely with Component Integrated Product Teams (CIPT).
- Support transmissions producibility changes working with PW Operations group and suppliers.
- Support PW Operations in assessing product nonconformances.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience in the design, development and manufacturing of aerospace gear systems.
- US Citizenship due to government contracts.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government secret clearance.
- Work Schedule: Hybrid (Combination of on-site and remote).
- Up to 10% Travel.
- Master’s Degree in a related field and 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with the design of aerospace gear systems (Epicyclic, Accessory, Spur, Helical, Bevel).
- Experience with gear manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity with gear industry standards, design tools and manufacturing trends.
- Proven ability to work innovatively and collaboratively with suppliers and customers to overcome technical and program challenges.
- Ability to craft and deliver clear communication.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms