Senior Supplier Quality Manager
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The MSEN Supplier Quality team is responsible for working closely with our suppliers to ensure we deliver high-Quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs. As a Supplier Quality Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of SQEs that provide support to the Global Supply Chain organization relative to improvement of Suppliers' Quality, as well as providing Quality interface, expertise and support to suppliers and peer organizations.
- Understand and execute key aspects of overseeing and assuring Supplier Quality to achieve best-in-class Supplier Quality, delivery and service.
- Providing guidance to create and maintain key relationships with Suppliers’ Quality and Operations Management teams, as well as PW Engineering, Procurement and support organizations
- Providing guidance to Collect/Compile data and drive Continuous improvement initiatives in the supplier base in reaction to escapes, and in support of reduced cost and lead-time; develop and impart continuous improvement activities
- Providing guidance and coaching to suppliers to find root cause and implement sustainable corrective / preventive action on all escapes and high pain recurring Quality issues
- Develop and coordinate Quality issue resolution with PW Engineering and Supplier Engineering on Supplier-designed components
- Team with Engineering and Procurement to execute supply base improvement plans that improve quality signature and to ensure customer confidence
- Lead Vendor Corrective Action Board (VCAB) reviews with suppliers
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering and/or Operations Degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years prior relevant Program/Project Management, Operations, Engineering, Quality experience OR Advanced Degree in a related field and 5+ years’ prior relevant Program/Project Management, Operations, Engineering, Quality experience.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Travel up to 30%.
- An understanding of P&W Quality Procedures, Quality Management Systems, AS9100 Requirements
- Working knowledge/ proficiency in Quality tools such as FAI, PFMEA, DFMEA, GR&R, GD&T elements, etc.
- Experienced in driving CAR and PAR and eliminating non-conformances at the Supplier level
- Practical ACE/Six Sigma experience or other Lean Systems experience a plus
- ASQ (CQE, CQM) certifications a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels of the organization
- A strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Ability to facilitate and motivate teams
- Experience with SAP and other IT Quality systems desired
- Knowledge and experience with root cause and process control tools, experience in using ACE tools to make process improvements
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms