Senior Engineering Statistician
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in a variety of ways. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions. If you desire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
We have a rare and an amazing opportunity for a talented Senior Engineering Statistician in our East Hartford, Connecticut location.
The Statistics and Data Analytics team recognizes & supports the power of turning data into insights. We are seeking a confident and enthusiastic statistician to join our team. As a Senior Engineering Statistician you will help guide the company as it navigates through a myriad of engineering and business challenges. You will work on deeply diverse projects that require significant knowledge of statistics, and have the opportunity every single day to apply, and develop your skills in nearly every area of statistics. The Engineering Statistician will work effectively with others to address engineering and business needs within a rigorous statistical framework.
As part of our Statistics and Data Analytics team, your key focus areas will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and analysts using classical and modern statistical learning methods
- Communicate effectively with non-statisticians and engage in engineering discussions with all levels of the organization
- Exhibit proven knowledge in: High Dimensional Data Analysis, Survival Analysis, Machine Learning, Data Management, General Linear Models, Probability Theory, Bayesian Methods, Hypothesis Testing, Experimental Design, Categorical Data Analysis, Statistical Process Control
- Train engineers in various technologies including but not limited to survival analysis, basic statistical thinking, R, Python
- Provide guidance and training to entry-level statisticians
- Develop standard work and best practices for statistical methodology at Pratt & Whitney
- Participate in external and internal learning opportunities
- Minimal travel may be necessary
- Relocation provided
- MS Degree in Statistics or related field (Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Data Science)
- 5+ years of work experience applying statistical methods
- Prior knowledge of engineering and/or manufacturing
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and trending skills
- Focus on results and the ability to drive tasks to completion
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working across functions, organizations and all levels of management
Pratt & Whitney is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms