Senior Associate, Calibration
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Calibration Senior Associate. If you are looking for a hand on, technically significant role in a growing organization, this role is for you.
The Quality and Process Engineering (Q&PE) calibration team is responsible for:
- Measurement and Test Equipment (M and TE) calibration for Pratt and Whitney production gages.
- Timely and accurate calibrations are critical to P and W operations as they strive to meet their delivery commitments.
- The Q&PE Calibration team is a can-do organization that is sustaining and developing inspection and calibration methods in support of the factory.
- The Calibration Lab conducts approximately 3600 M and TE calibrations each year.
- We will perform M&TE calibrations across numerous disciplines, while being actively involved in defining and implementing the calibration lab of the future.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent experience
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Education/experience in mathematics/statistics is a plus|
- Knowledge of industry standards ISO17025
- General Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories
- ANSI Z540 Requirements for the Calibration of Measuring and Test Equipment
- Ability to use Microsoft word, excel, project, and power point
- Willingness to cross train in other metrology areas to support periodic requirements
- Part Drawing Interpretations
- Understanding of Metrology
- Perform technical tasks based on written or verbal instructions
- Plan and perform calibrations within the specified turn time
- Troubleshoot items not meeting requirements
- Work within SAP to update information on M and TE
- Implement and support ACE and the ACE culture
- Adhere to EHS requirements and continuously strive to improve safety
- Strong Teammate and valued team member
- Continue expanding knowledge of Calibration
- Willingness to learn measurement uncertainty and apply it
- Lead customer expectations regarding calibration schedule
- Knowledge of mechanical, physical, and electrical properties
- Create standard work and operating procedures|
- Knowledge of layout inspection
- Dimensional Calibration Experience
- Experience working with a CMM
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms