Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
FUNCTION: Perform metallurgical inspection processing on a wide variety of development, production and overhaul/repair parts. Utilize methods such as fluorescent penetrant, magnetic particle and etch. Maintain Level I NDT certification as required.
• Work from detailed procedures, technique sheets, verbal and other pertinent instructions to process parts for nondestructive testing and complete required record keeping.
• Set up, operate equipment, and where applicable, check and adjust equipment and test process medium as needed to ensure valid test results.
• Identify recurring processing problems and recommend changes in methods or equipment to eliminate or minimize them. Recognize need for repair or replacement of equipment used in processing.
• Work with and assist certified Level II inspectors, responsible for the identification and dispositioning of non-conformances, in preparation for advancement to higher level NDT certification.
• Perform routine servicing throughout the assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions such as inspector’s check list for upkeep, and assure equipment operates properly.
• Assist others who are responsible for new equipment or process tryout and other specialized assignments within the scope and skill level of this job description.
Refer problems to supervisor as appropriate to resolve difficulties.
May be assigned to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual’s skills.
- HS Diploma or GED
- US Citizenship required due to government contract
- 1+ years in a manufacturing environment
- 1+ years in inspection or similar
Note: East Hartford Repair Operations is an FAA regulated facility and compliance with such rules is a condition of employment.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms