MFG. Execution Systems (MES) Coordinator
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Operational Excellence (OpX) organization is hiring a Staff Engineer, Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Coordinator to lead projects focused on supporting transactional MES opportunities / enhancements, improving the operator shop floor experience, performing performance/ environment analysis, and implementing actions related to the MES 5-10 year strategy and roadmap.
The MES Coordinator role will be the key business partner to the Digital Technologies organization and will be responsible for guiding and co-leading enterprise solutions focused on improving current state MES as well as align the enterprise to a one company solution for the future.
- Serves as primary interface with key customer personnel at all levels; works with the business to analyze/prioritize and understand their business requirements and translate these into systems requirements and solutions.
- Leads work within committed timelines and budgets; is accountable for all assigned tasks and projects; regularly informs management of progress when issues or conflicts occur and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Develop/ maintain integration and business process maps for the integration of pillar systems within the MES (to include Model Based Engineering within the PLM and Order Management within the ERP system).
- Primary business lead for Assembly & Test MES break/fixes and enhancement design.
- Will serve as a back-up for Part Manufacturing enhancement design as required.
- Participates and/or leads project activities such as software rollouts, systems upgrades and hardware replacement all while following governance processes.
- Work closely with engineering, quality, and operations to document functionality gaps and solution problems.
- Develop/ Update MES training program to include: Digital/ Video delivery methods, interactive courses and training session facilitation.
- Multi-task assigned duties or projects
- Work to establish and maintain inventory of all shop applications that are interfaced with the MES and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Lead sub committees related to PW Enterprise implementation and governance of the next iteration on MES.
- There is up to 15% travel, domestic & international associated with this role.
- Bachelor's Degree and 7+ years experience in Operations/Engineering/Information Technology OR Master's Degree and 5+ years of experience in Operations/Engineering/Information Technology
- 5 years deploying, supporting and managing MES systems.
- US Citizenship is required due to Government contracts.
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP, Solumina, Team Center
- Experience with automated and manual manufacturing environments
- Expertise in shop floor MES solutions
- Experience with deploying technology (hardware/ software) within a shop environment
- ACE Associate
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms