Information Systems Security Officer
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
As a hands-on Information Systems (IS) Security Officer (ISSO), you will document, monitor, and audit IS for compliance with applicable U.S. government cybersecurity requirements. The ISSO will report directly to the Senior Manager of Cybersecurity for the Programs team.
We are looking for people with initiative, creativity, adaptability, strong written and verbal skills, strong analytical skills and attention to detail; creative troubleshooting skills; possess excellent judgment and professional maturity; have multi-tasking abilities and a client focus; and work effectively in a time sensitive and dynamic environment.
- Work closely with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to ensure the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for all IS under his/her purview;
- Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and security responsibility awareness before being granted access to the IS;
- Collect, review, document, and archive security relevant logs, reports and files in accordance with the System Security Plan (SSP), reporting any anomalies to the ISSM;
- Monitor and analyze all available resources that track user activity, provide warnings of system vulnerabilities, and provide system performance information in accordance with cybersecurity plans and policies;
- Conduct periodic testing and reviews of IS to ensure compliance with cybersecurity authorization requirements, reporting findings to and coordinating with the ISSM as necessary;
- Document and coordinate ISSM approval for any security relevant changes to the IS prior to implementation, developing and updating the SSP to reflect such changes as appropriate;
- In close collaboration with the ISSM, prepare, distribute, and maintain IS cybersecurity plans, instructions, guidance, standard operating procedures, and assessment and authorization documentation, ensuring they are kept current and are accessible to authorized individuals;
- Monitor and oversee data backup, archival, and system recovery processes for functional testing and cybersecurity compliance;
- Assist in performing incident response activities (investigation, collection, reporting, containment, and eradication) as applicable in accordance with incident response policy, plans, procedures, and ISSM guidance;
- Partner and coordinate with internal and external customers and security peers in the completion of internal projects, process improvement initiatives, development of cybersecurity procedures, and technical efficiencies
- Obtain (within 6 months of hire) and maintain DoD-recognized cyber security baseline certifications such as CompTIA Security+; and
- Assume ISSM responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Manager and/or in the absence of the ISSM.
- Current/active Secret-level or higher security clearance
- U.S Citizenship required
- 2 year degree or higher, preferably in cybersecurity, computer science, or IT-related field of study. 6+ years hands-on experience considered in lieu of 2 year degree.
- Current DoD-recognized cybersecurity baseline certifications such as Security+.
- 2+ years’ experience in a cybersecurity support role, preferably of information systems supporting classified programs or activities.
- This role is on-site in East Hartford, CT
- 4 year degree or higher preferably in cybersecurity, computer science, or IT-related field of study.
- DoD-recognized IAM-Level II or higher industry-recognized cybersecurity certifications such as CASP, CISM, and/or CISSP.
- Hands-on experience supporting validated desktop, server, network, systems administration, troubleshooting, implementation security requirements in Microsoft Windows 10, OS imaging, installation, configuring, and support & troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Splunk, Tenable.sc, and/or other system monitoring tools and security hardening tools (DISA SCAP/STIGs)
- General knowledge of networking technologies such as TCP/IP ports, protocols and services, switching, and routing
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms