Full Stack Software Engineer, Remote position
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Pratt & Whitney (P&W) Digital Technology product management organization is seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer for the P&W Digital Thread / Twin systems and initiatives. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the solution architecture and technical components of our fleet data solutions today and assume overall technical lead duties for the Digital Twin systems including development, documentation, and configuration of underlying technologies. The selected individual will work with other stakeholders for providing guidance and implementing solutions powering the use of these systems within the company.
This role will work with and across the P&W Digital Technology organization and the relevant P&W business organizations to develop, refine, and optimize the software and solutions architecture deliverables in order to execute on a digital thread/twin environment with the goal of boosting productivity and transforming the customer experience.
- Lead senior software engineering tasks for fleet data software solutions planning, building and deploying critical functionality working in a cross functional team utilizing agile software development methodology.
- Implement the most complex development and software configuration tasks requested of the team.
- Lead implementation and support of migration of backend existing code base to cloud native services (AWS).
- Provide guidance, problem solving and peer programming support for the rest of the engineering (Front End, Back End, Middleware, microservices) resources on the team.
- Constantly monitor and continuously improve management of codebase and code itself to meet software development standards agreed upon by the team.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the data sources feeding the data platform today and build relationship with the data owners/stewards to understand the business context of the data sets that are being utilized in our applications today.
- Implement API and connectivity solutions across digital products.
- BA BS degree with 10+ years of related experience. .OR Master’s degree with 7+ years of related experience.
- US citizenship required due to government contract.
- 8+ years of full stack engineering experience.
- Experience with the following technologies/platforms: AWS native cloud services, Redshift, PostgreSQL (Postgres), EC2, Lambda, Glue, EMR, Kinesis.
- Experience with DevOps tools (example: Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild, Github).
- Ability to perform in-depth data analysis and compares quickly utilizing appropriate methods.
- Understanding of software development/engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery.
- Experience with application scalability and performance testing.
- Agile trained and or certified, full understanding of Agile software development life cycle and participation in ceremonies.
- Strong ability to communicate technical plans to technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders at all levels of organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Demonstrated capability in making timely, difficult decisions to ensure project priorities meet critical business needs and timelines.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels within the company as an “active listener” and then execute results.
- Experience running highly visible projects using Agile methodology and working with highly skilled front and backend software engineers, along with UX designers, research analyst, data scientist and DevOps.
- Experience with: Python, Spark, Hive, Terraform, AWS/Azure experience, Oozie and Sqoop.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms