Fleet Chief, Operational Commercial Engines
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
INCLUSION POWERS INNOVATION:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Operational Commercial engines (OCE) has a rare opportunity that will utilize your positive relationship building and excellent technical skills as the advocate for and representative of the customer point-of-view within our organization. Do you have a proven track record of delivering results in a dynamic environment? Are you a self starter who wants to continue learning and growing? If yes, we would love to hear from you. Our program office owns all aspects associated with supporting over 2,000 engines in our commercial fleet. Pratt & Whitney engines provide unmatched performance, reliability, and value for the Boeing (747,767, 777, MD-11) and Airbus (A300, A310, A330) aircraft. The Program Fleet Chief is a leadership role in the Commercial Engines Program Office that requires strong problem solving and decision-making ability with an outstanding communication and teamwork skills by interacting with all levels of the organization, Airframer and customers
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- As the fleet chief, you'll be responsible for maintaining the reliability and customer happiness of the overall engine program. You will run the FAA FAR 21.3 process, tracking and aiming to closure reportable events in collaboration with the FAA.
- You'll work with customers and engineering to identify root cause on issues and rapidly address safety or airworthiness issues through fleet management actions. Monitoring and analysis of fleet metrics is performed to rank key engine removal and delay/cancellation drivers to identify and prioritize required engineering and communications activities.
- This role has both customer facing activities along with a meaningful project management role with Engineering, through both direct customer meetings and working with our field offices supporting the customers.
- Objectives center around providing customers timely and accurate communications and presentations on technical issues impacting their operations.
- Partnership with Customer Technical Service, Engineering, and Tech Pubs is required to ensure visibility and clarity of all customer communications – Service Bulletins, Part technical investigation reports, All Operator Communications and technical customer responses.
- Prepare and deliver briefings to the airline operators, as well as interfacing with the airframers on fleet events, investigations, and communications.
- Raise awareness on emerging issues internally and externally
- Work with the cross-functional team to assess potential impacts to the fleet for shop visit forecast and spare parts requirements.
B.S. required preferably in Engineering.
A minimum of 10 years of engineering experience in gas turbine engine development, certification and/or support
- Highly proficient written and verbal communications skills with an ability to translate complex technical subject matter into actionable and easy-to-understand recommendations
- Broad understanding of engine construction, systems, operation, and technical documentation is required
- Experience working directly with airlines in a technical role a plus
- Experience with hardware investigations a plus.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms