Enterprise Capacity Lead
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building, and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Our team, Enterprise Capacity, produces powerful insights that drive meaningful conversations, long-range strategies, and decision events regarding the timing of financial capital allocations and equipment deployment for proposed, current, and future PW program demands. To do so, we must be innate communicators who collaborate across organizational boundaries to generate output capacity versus demand insights, publish rate readiness studies, reduce relevant operational risks, enhance cross-functional efficiencies, improve processes, and increase the speed of execution.
The ideal candidate will possess substantial- to mastery-level familiarity of capacity quantification methods as well as a winning blend of interpersonal relationship-building and execution competencies. You will focus on assessing long-range (10-yr) capacity risks, implementing functional strategies, engaging a wide range of unique stakeholders, solving difficult problems, and bridging capacity and value streams for your assigned area of responsibility in a fraction of the time that most competent people think possible. This role gives the candidate a unique opportunity to have regular contact with Pratt & Whitney's Operations, Military Engines (ME), and Commercial Engines (CE) teams. A solid working knowledge of the processes, practices, and teams that support module center operations, capacity, and capital conversations/decision events would also be considered ideal.
- You will work alongside and collaboratively with a team of capacity leads who have responsibility for ensuring industrial capacity insights are generated in accordance with standard work to support the entire value stream of operations (PW Purchase, PW Make, and Partnerships). You will be responsible for the following…
- Develop/maintain/own the execution of the Enterprise Capacity standard work and Pratt & Whitney Capacity Portal gated process for your assigned commodity, and actively interact with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure its relevancy in times of changing capacity and capital inputs, demand profile fluctuations, engineering change impacts, etc.
- Define methods to link Pratt & Whitney Capacity Portal outputs with module center-generated insights.
- Collaborate with our in-house Digital Architecture team to scale the methods across other engine modules and module centers.
- Be a creative problem-solver, and exhibit leadership through direct and indirect means. You must have both a desire and an ability to orchestrate actions across organizational boundaries.
- Understands strategic and business implications and works to provide the best solution to meet P&W strategic goals.
- Ability to analyze complex data to see trends and perform what-if scenario planning.
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement through using ACE tools.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must also be comfortable to present to all levels of the organization, and sometimes with short notice.
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity.
- Generate creative solutions for our stakeholders that are backed by your analytical proficiency.
- Participate in process improvement efforts.
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities.
- Develop/author senior level presentations and participate in key meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, supply chain management, or project management and 7 + years of experience in Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain, or Continuous Improvement. Or Advanced degree in business, engineering, supply chain management, or project management and 5 + years of experience in Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain, or Continuous Improvement
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office tools and SAP
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms