EDSI Systems Analysis Operability Specialist
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
This posting is for a Systems Analysis Operability Specialist position on a military development program. 100% onsite in East Hartford, CT.
- Implement and maintain compressor and LBO stability audits.
- Support development and maintenance of transient NPSS model.
- Develop and evaluate control schemes and schedules and provide analysis for the Control Requirements and Analysis Team (CRAT).
- Assess engine starting capability.
- Perform Fault Detection and Accommodation (FDA) and Failure Immunity analyses.
- Interface with component Aero groups to communicate operability status and potential risks/opportunities.
- Report status against system level and component level requirements
- Partner with many engineering disciplines to achieve engine system-level transient requirements (engine stability and transient response, inlet system compatibility, engine lighting and starting, inclement weather operation) throughout the product life cycle.
- Represent the Operability discipline on Sub-System Integrated Product Teams (SSIPTs).
- Contribute to Discipline Councils and participate in program read-across where appropriate.
- Contribute to subdisciplines’ process improvement strategy and tasks. Work deliberately to integrate and improve processes across subdisciplines.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 5+ years’ prior relevant experience.
- NPSS modeling proficiency.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum of 3+ years’ experience.
- Experience with gas turbine performance and operability, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, systems engineering, or computer science.
- Technical experience in Aero/Thermal disciplines.
- Current collateral security clearance with ability to obtain an enhanced clearance.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms