DT Manufacturing Data Manager
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The DT Digital Manufacturing team is looking for a Manufacturing Data Manager to lead the deployment of a Statistical Process Control (SPC) management system. The selected candidate will partner with the Operational Excellence (OpX) team chartered to identify, customize, and deploy a digital system to measure, report, and store SPC data.
They will partner with Module Center Manufacturing Engineers, the Connected Factory team, system integrators and software vendors to establish standards for data collection from shop floor equipment, to the Operations Data Lake. Then, create methods to post-process and display that associated data in dashboard format by engine program, module center, part number, part feature, time, etc.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization on a project of the highest priority to Pratt & Whitney. They will lead the deployment of Industry 4.0 digital tools that support world-class SPC measurement and execution and help drive a transformation in the day-to-day operations of Pratt and Whitney.
LOCATION: HYBRID.50% remote - 50% on site in our Harford Ct facility.
- Main SME responsible for designing system architecture to support efficient flow of data for manufacturing processes, product specifications, project management, and other enterprise data.
- Technical lead for the development of system architecture for enterprise Statistical Process Control (SPC) System and Manufacturing Readiness Level ( MRL) Project Management System.
- Partner with MB-DMI, MES 2.0, Connected Factory, Core ME and Mod Center ME teams to establish database structure, necessary meta-data, and reporting requirements.
- Work w/ Connected Factory to identify requirements for MRL & Operations related data storage and processing including data that is structured, unstructured, semi-structured, and streaming.
- Determine optimal cloud computing and cloud storage strategies.
- Collaborate with DT data analytics team and create dashboards to allow tracking and review of SPC data without manual intervention.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience in architecting distributed systems, creating reliable data pipelines, combining data sources, and establishing data stores in an operations environment OR advanced degree with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- US citizenship required due to government contract.
- Degree in in data engineering, computer science, or related technical field.
- Expertise setting, installing, testing, and maintaining data systems, in addition to application software, and system management tools.
- Expertise in the gathering of customized system, software and hardware requirements
- Strong experience in object-oriented programming and database design. Familiarity with SQL, Oracle, Hadoop, Azure, AWS and data warehousing.
- Familiarity with Industry 4.0 standards and practices.
- Previous experience with dashboarding software such as QlikSense and/or PowerBI.
- Demonstrated analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across organizations.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms