Design Technical Lead, F135 Repair Development
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
This position will be designated as hybrid.
- Coach and Mentor the Repair Design Engineers through the “what” and “why” which develops growth, employee satisfaction and sense of empowerment.
- Create a proficiency plan for each Repair Design Engineer and reviewing the proficiency portfolios of each Repair Design Engineer.
- Work with the Repair Design Manager to ensure task assignment promotes proficiency development.
- Perform Discipline Reviews of tasks and providing constructive feedback to the Repair Design Engineer.
- Execute business critical tasks, and “Fleet Leader” tasks to serve as examples for emerging technologies.
- Update Repair Method Work Instructions and Repair templates within Engineering Standard Work to incorporate current best practices and update other documents to support the Design Discipline chief’s Engineering Standard Work continuous improvement efforts.
- Create and deliver focused training to support proficiency development and noted Quality Control Process Clinic opportunities.
- Provide design input to technology programs aligned with the Sector.
- Continue to develop an improved personal understanding of the technologies, engine systems, business systems, regulations, and business needs of the sector.
- Foster an environment of creative technical ownership within the collaborative community of Global Services Engineering.
- BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience and 10+ years of prior relevant in engineering, customer service, or aftermarket experience OR an Advanced Degree in a related field and 7+ years’ experience.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Engine overhaul and cleaning, inspection and repair processes experience.
- Engineering technical review equivalent to P&W PL3 or other signature authority.
- Design and/or repair design of the F135 engine (rotating components a plus) experience.
- High energy change driver while delivering to existing commitments.
- Direct interaction with USG customers experience.
- Aerospace industry experience.
- Ability to effectively team across organizations to accomplish goals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms