Design Researcher - REMOTE
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
We are seeking an experienced Design Researcher to help define and design the next-generation of Pratt & Whitney digital applications, products and services. As a member of our cross-functional team, you will contribute to a mix of strategy and research efforts, in partnership with our Design Strategy and Research Leads. This position reports within the Digital Product Management Organization. The successful candidate will be highly collaborative, technically savvy, and passionate about delivering impactful user experiences to external and internal customers. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation and skills to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be an opportunity for you.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on a team of designers, product managers, engineers, data scientists, and project managers.
- Structure and scope research -- turning complex questions into actionable research plans for cross-disciplinary teams.
- Design and facilitate a variety of primary and secondary research activities, including quantitative and qualitative research.
- Analyze or synthesize research findings, find patterns, and inform insights that will inspire new product development.
- Create key design strategy and research outputs – from survey analysis, and customer segmentation, to competitive audits and strategic frameworks.
- Communicate findings by developing personas, defining insights and creating compelling actionable recommendations that galvanize product teams.
- Develop continuous customer feedback strategies and advise product teams on establishing that capability to ongoing product improvement.
- Structure, prepare, and lead creative and strategic workshops.
- BA/BS degree with 7+ years of related experience. OR Masters degree with 5+ years of related experience.
- US Citizenship required due to government contract
- BA/BS/MS degree in Design, Design Research, HCI, Psychology, or related experience. Having worked at a design consulting firm, or corporate environment
- Ability to demonstrate experience through past work examples / portfolio
- Interest and/or experience in Aerospace industry.
- Experience with quantitative methods and analysis.
- Experience designing, participating in and applying human-centered user research.
- Ability to convey ideas through clear writing, sketches, and/or conceptual frameworks.
- Comfort collaborating with cross-functional teams and working under tight deadlines.
- Expertise of presentation tools, such as PowerPoint, and familiarity with digital design tools, such as Sketch, Adobe XD and Figma et al.
- Must be articulate, organized, and hard-working.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and cool under pressure.
- Must be a self-starter that can lead small teams with minimal oversight.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms