Business Systems/Data Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
This position reports to the Director of HSMC Materials. This is a critical role in the mod center that ensures that the business functions in the mod center have the data needed to plan and manage business processed.
This role requires the candidate create and maintain business critical dashboards that ensure user can plan/manage business process.
Pull, format and deliver data from various sources (Business Warehouse, SAP, etc) and deliver to business owner
Manage and maintain HSMC SharePoint site.
Find and develop new data tools for use in the mod center and operation.
- Conceptualizing design, development and delivery of automated database solutions to support business needs for Hot Section.
- Develop and provide automated tools to incorporate release strategy, handling methods, kitting strategy and material movement methods following the fundamentals of line back logistics.
- Success will be measured by developing strategies and solutions that allow and executing goals and objectives to meet capacity requirements, inventory controls, cost reduction objectives, on time delivery, and control tower measures.
- The individual will be working directly with Hot Section administration, materials, operations, quality and purchasing organizations as well as the internal manufacturing groups to redefine processes execute on business requirements and deliver to customer expectations.
- Primary focal point for starts across the mod center.
- Standardize/automate methods and tools across all units for managing starts, WIP, Inventory, and Delivery.
- Create automated customer centric dashboards to create transparency to allow for easy identification to changes in status and risk identification.
- Establish constraint / shared services mechanisms to understand plans, performance, and gaps to customer needs.
- Automate Line of Balances for critical parts and then move to all parts across the mod center.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years’ prior relevant experience
- Understanding complex data structure in back end systems for advanced reporting capabilities consumed by end users.
- Experience with VB, VBA or any other Event Based Language.
- Experience with Oracle and PL/SQL or another RDBMS
- US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms