Automation and DevOps Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:PWXGM:P&W Offsite Remote Location, Remote City, CT, 06032 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it.
So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney is looking for a curious, enthusiastic, and highly motivated individual to join our Infrastructure Hosting team to implement and support automated solutions and the tool chains required to support them. These solutions will deploy and maintain middleware and services both on premise and in cloud and will be integrated with application Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD) pipelines and other automated quality and compliance controls.
As part of the team, you will be expected to interface with application teams, other business units within RTX and vendors to leverage strategic tools and manage local instances of open source and commercial components to build automated pipelines for applications. In this role you will also be expected to leverage infrastructure as code practices to implement automation to help build and manage infrastructure components and ensure their compliance throughout their lifecycle.
- Provide guidance and expertise to applications to accurately size and plan integration of their CICD pipelines into hosting solutions for their development projects.
- Translate technical requirements and build CICD pipelines and automated solutions through reusable components.
- Enforce standards for automating deployments to full application lifecycle (development, staging and production) while maintaining a secure environment according to internal policies.
- Gather requirements, develop, build, test and maintain infrastructure related automation scripts to install common software, maintain configurations and generate reporting associated with hosting environments.
- Leverage CICD and Agile methodologies to maintain Infrastructure automation.
- Provide recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions, and assisting with modifications.
- Gather and learn new technologies and related tools to introduce to the company to grow the agile deployment environment.
- Collaborate with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices.
- Provide direct support during various operations such as deployment and general production.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of related experience OR Master’s Degree with 3+ years.
of related experience.
- US Citizenship required due to government contract.
- BA/BS degree in areas such as computer science or engineering, electronics engineering, math or a STEM field.
- Hands-on experience with cloud systems including systems and services deployment and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of virtualized platforms (VMs and containers), network connectivity and security, identity management, cybersecurity standards, storage, databases and operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Familiarity with key tools including Source Control (e.g Github), Integration Orchestration (e.g. Jenkins), Configuration Management (e.g. Ansible), Containers (e.g. Kubernetes), Change Management (e.g. ServiceNow), Team management (e.g. Jira).
- Proven experience and success in Linux/Windows scripting or administration.
- Scripting proficiency in at least one of the following languages: python, ruby, perl, powershell, bash.
- Working understanding of good coding practices.
- Familiarity with release process methodologies and best practices.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Results oriented with intense focus on success.
- Demonstrate leadership and good judgment.
- Prioritize requests from operations, development, and product teams fairly while demonstrating a sense of empathy.
- Complete complex tasks with minimal supervision.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms