Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
Country:United States of America
Location:PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator in the Columbus, GA area. Shift: 5X8 M-F. Prospective candidates should be familiar with basic water treatment principles and safety.
- Works under supervision of Lead Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator.
- Able to perform sampling and monitoring for required permit parameters.
- Operates waste treatment, sludge processing, and disposal equipment in wastewater treatment plant.
- Monitors control panels and/or adjust valves and gates manually to regulate flow of waste.
- Performs daily checks of the wastewater treatment process and periodic checks of pump stations.
- Maintains daily activity log of operations.
- Receives daily/weekly directions from lead operator to performing routine operations and maintenance.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to solve problems.
- Have a working knowledge of the equipment utilized in the plant (meters, pumps, valves, etc.).
- Attend scheduled meetings.
- Maintain continuing education for wastewater license renewal.
- Maintain required company EHS training.
- Operating a powered industrial vehicle (forklift).
- Other activities as required to maintain successful operation of facility.
- Basic understanding of chemicals and chemical compatibility
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience related to wastewater or environmental disciplines
- Georgia Wastewater Operator License
- Work outdoors in seasonal weather conditions
- Occasional weekend or off-shift hours
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms