Tool Design Manufacturing Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney is seeking an experienced, proactive, and goal-oriented tool design engineer to lead Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) execution on critical components in the Operations organization.
- Design fixtures, gages, and tooling to support manufacturing process for compressor airfoils
- Ensure all designs are high in quality and accuracy
- Assist manufacturing engineering team in project development and investigations related to tooling issues
- Utilize CAD software, specifically Siemens NX to prepare tooling designs and blueprints
- Evaluate tooling builds for internal build or outsourcing to tooling vendor
- Interact with tooling vendors to manage project timelines and adequate tooling designs
- Interact with manufacturing engineering team on design changes or specifications to ensure effective product design and implementation
- Maintain continuous process improvement with safe work practices to reduce cost, improve quality and increase throughput for new and existing processes
- Maintain tooling blueprint storage location in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Provide shop floor support and assist with the Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) process
- Support and/ or participate in Continuous Improvement (CI) events and CORE activities
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in complex manufacturing activities
- Demonstrated proficiency leading and managing a portfolio of cross functional projects
- Effective team player with strong good interpersonal skills capable of influencing and getting cooperation and action from others.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written), work and relate with people at all levels of the organization and be self-sufficient.
- and ability to influence cross functional team
- Ability to encourage and motivate others to be successful.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office computer software including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Apply and interpret GD&T
- Green Belt Certified
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience in tool design for Aerospace Industry
- Less than 10%
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms