Production Support Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Production Support Engineer, Columbus Forge
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The Pratt & Whitney Columbus Forge Module Center is looking for an Production Support Engineer.
Do you like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice? This may be the opportunity you've been waiting for.
As a Production Support Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing plans that are in line with the business strategy to further our world class technology portfolio. Provide operational engineering support to develop technologies and processes which support the growth curve and cost reduction targets. Leverage manufacturing innovations to improve cost, delivery, and quality of aerospace disk forgings Assist with problem solving during manufacturing related investigation.
- Own relentless RCCA for correcting non-conformance in the part families
- Perform DIVES
- Implement and monitor corrective actions Monitor and report on the health of a part family
- Monitoring the non-conformances and how the part ‘runs’ compared to ‘standard’ times Look for areas to optimize, automate and trim waste
- Maintain work instructions Support operational excellence using statistical analysis for process control and certification Lead the ACE journey to continuously improve the quality and exceed customer’s expectations.
- Bachelor of Science Electrical/Software/Computer/Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science and 5 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and minimum 3 years of prior relevant experience.
- Processing knowledge of super alloys a plus Possess good people and communication skills
- Organizational skills with project management experience Statistical Process Control required DMAIC, Process Certification, UPPAP, Six Sigma
- Ability to work with CAD tools, and create engineering blue prints SAP experience a
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (ACE, 6S, etc.)
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms