Production Control Manager - AMO/CEC
Country:United States of America
Location:PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to chip in and grow in a variety of ways.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You will help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while molding and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
We have an explorer’s heart along with your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, we’ve built an environment where each and every employee is valued.
We're fueled by people that bring passion, partnership and leadership to everything they do – at work or in the community.
At the Columbus Engine Center (CEC), we are focused on providing a best-in-class customer experience and delivering the best engines safely, on-time, and on quality.
Quality is personal! People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time to the men and women who save our lives – what we do matters, every single day!
Production Control Supervisor/Manager
Responsible for leading operations related to Production Control.
You'll have the unique opportunity to help define how internal logistics will operate going forward at CEC for years to come.
As the supervisor/manager you'll be responsible for the movement of all parts from RX (Receiving Inspection) & CX (Configuration inspection) to engine carts and delivery throughout the shop.
All parts will be barcoded and scanned either to kitted carts or locations throughout the plant.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership necessary to address continuous improvement, capture efficiencies, and increase productivity
- Manage and coach hourly employees within production control across shifts.
- Ensure all production activity meets established quality standards and expectations of internal customers; lead analysis and development of processes, performance metrics, and trends to drive increased performance and production cycle time
- Build a responsive and flexible culture where cross training and teamwork are key
- Aid in the development of budgets, forecasts, succession planning, and strategic development
- Direct the justification and acquisition of capital equipment
- Maintain harmonious employee relations in a non-union environment
- Address performance issues, as needed
- Support Pratt & Whitney and UTC EH&S policies and procedures and actively support continuous improvement initiatives driven by the ACE operating system
- Bachelor's and 5 years' or an Advanced degree and 3 years' experience that includes being in a lead or supervisory role within production control
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
- Extensive Knowledge and Understanding of SAP
- Previous experience as a Manager/Supervisor in the aviation industry, preferably in aviation after-market support business
- A proven track record in leading change; delivering measurable and significant improvements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
At Pratt & Whitney Aftermarket, “we go beyond” to provide our customers the very best aftermarket MRO experience.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms