Controls Engineering and Automation Supervisor
Country:United States of America
Location:PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
- Supervise and Direct the controls and automation team
- Be the primary interface with operations to help and lead hands on troubleshooting and formulate/implement solutions via PLC programming and hardware
- Lead implementation of programming changes to maintain/increase uptime at the sites
- Participate in best practice sharing and standardization of controls and hardware changes
- Create and communicate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) on new process controls implementation and lead training for Ops/Maintenance personnel
- Oversee and lead vendor management
- Keep up with and look for opportunities to implement newest technology development in controls industry
- Interpret and adhere to industry standards and regulatory codes
- Support other engineering projects with functional specification development and resource coordination to meet schedule and cost needs
- Support new plant design by reviewing and recommending appropriate changes to all areas of the functional area; hardware/software, vendor, HMI platform, Data Historian
- Ensure appropriate procedures, design guidelines and design tools are utilized
- Work with Operations, support reliability efforts by providing hands on and involved technical support, training, and overall mentorship to the plant operations
- Demonstrate discipline and rigor around documenting all changes using Pratt & Whitney’s standard Management of Change (MOC) process
- The final grade for this position has not been settled.
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Associate’s Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology
- You have 8+ years manufacturing experience
- US Citizen
- 5 plus years of hand on experience with PLC
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to run multiple projects with ability to re-prioritize
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with entire MS Office Suite
- Rockwell Automation Products
- RSLogix 5000
- RSLogix 500
- FactoryTalk View Machine Edition
- AutoCAD, Electrical AutoCAD
- ControlLogix, CompactLogix and MicroLogix PLC
- PanelView Plus HMI
- Sensors and Power Distribution Products
- Networks, DeviceNet and EtherNet
- Sensors, Camera's and Barcode Readers
- Visual Studio, SQL and Ignition experience a plus
- Connected Factory
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we urge you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms